Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Install & Online Instructions
*This is version patch 2.03 of Tiberian Sun and a direct copy from Command & Conquer The First Decade
TO PLAY TIBERIAN SUN:
- Unzip the .RAR file to C:\Program Files directory, after completion the file structure should begin with the EA Games folder
TO PLAY TIBERIAN SUN ONLINE:
- Simply click the "Play Tiberian Sun" shortcut in the EA Games folder
*Due to the legacy and maintenance of the Westwood Online servers, we cannot guarantee successful online play.
*Online play is hosted and run by XWIS at http://www.strike-team.net. Please refer to their site for trouble-shooting.
***Please note, maintenance and moderation of the Tiberian Sun online servers is handled strictly by XWIS at http://www.strike-team.net
- Please make sure the "EA Games" folder has been unzipped to your C:\Program Files directory
- Double-click "tibsun_regadd". You will get a successful registry update message.
- In the "Internet" folder, double-click the "registerWOL.exe" batch file, this will correct your DLL files, click the successful message twice
***If you do not complete the above steps exactly, you will likely get a crash error or "missing online library" error
- Click "Play Tiberian Sun" shortcut or Game.exe to boot the game up
- At the Main Menu click Internet. After a series of messages you will be at the username creation screen.
- CRITICAL - create any username and create a password that MUST BE 8 characters in length, You do not need to click "new account"
- Select your country location and desired server, then hit OK
- You should be taken to the main online lobby where you can join/create games if users are online